- 1 What personal trainer certificate is most respected?
- 2 How long does it take to become a certified personal trainer?
- 3 How do I get my personal training certification?
- 4 How much does personal training certification cost?
- 5 Which is better NASM or ACE?
- 6 Is the NASM test hard?
- 7 Do personal trainers make good money?
- 8 Is it illegal to be a personal trainer without certification?
- 9 How much money do personal trainers make?
- 10 How much does it cost to get NASM certified?
- 11 What is the hardest personal trainer certification?
- 12 Is it worth getting a personal trainer certification?
- 13 Do gyms accept ISSA certification?
- 14 How can I become a certified personal trainer for free?
- 15 What is the easiest fitness certification to get?
What personal trainer certificate is most respected?
The personal trainer certifications with an option for NCCA accreditation are the most respected in the industry. The NCCA is the gold standard for third-party personal training certifications. Some of these certs include, NASM, ACE, Fitness Mentors, and ISSA.
How long does it take to become a certified personal trainer?
If you are working toward your certificate, the program you pick will determine how long it takes you to complete. Some certificate programs take as little as three months to complete, and some can take up to two years.
How do I get my personal training certification?
To be eligible for the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have completed high school (or the equivalent).
- Hold a current CPR/AED certification with a live skills check.
- Present a current government-issued photo ID with signature (driver’s license, passport, military ID).
How much does personal training certification cost?
How Much Does Personal Trainer Certification Cost?
|NCCA Accredited Certification Programs||Cost of Certification Packages|
|NFPT National Federation of Professional Trainers||$199 – $449|
|ACE American Council on Exercise||$549 – $899|
|CI Coopers Institute||$595 – $899|
|NASM National Academy of Sports Medicine||$629 – $1999|
Which is better NASM or ACE?
NASM is considered more of a corrective exercise certification, whereas ACE is more of a general CPT certification. NASM progresses clients using their OPT training model, while ACE uses its IFT training model. The pass rate for the ACE test is 65%, while the pass rate for the NASM test is 64%.
Is the NASM test hard?
Well, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, a complete breakdown of the NASM test. Overall, the exam is one of the more difficult personal training tests to pass in the industry. The textbook is over 700 pages long and can be very daunting because it is dense with information.
Do personal trainers make good money?
Yes, making good money as a personal trainer is very viable. Even entry-level personal trainers can make upwards of $25 an hour, and easily up to $100 an hour if they are experienced. Private personal trainers can make even more per hour, charging up top $100 an hour.
Is it illegal to be a personal trainer without certification?
One of the most important factors in personal training is being certified. You should be prepared to complete an educational program that results in an official certification. This is not legally required. In fact, no state has a law requiring personal trainers to be certified.
How much money do personal trainers make?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for personal trainers in 2017 was $39,210, which means half earned more than that amount and half earned less. The low 10 percent of those personal trainers earned less than $19,640 while the top 10 percent earned more than $74,520.
How much does it cost to get NASM certified?
The NASM personal training certification cost ranges between $699 and $2,199. There are 4 NASM packages.
What is the hardest personal trainer certification?
* The “hardest” personal trainer certification: The NCSA-CPT is the most difficult of the three, as its content is relatively technical and assumes a solid background in the subjects of anatomy, physiology and physics.
Is it worth getting a personal trainer certification?
A Personal Trainer Certification will be rewarding for those who have a knack to keep themselves fit and wish to help people with their knowledge of health, exercise, and fitness. There are different genres of physical training and exercise and as a certified PT, one can help their clients in different ways.
Do gyms accept ISSA certification?
Most gyms will accept ISSA certification for new trainers because we offer educational programs that include high-quality course offerings with experienced instructors that focus on preparing students to become well-rounded, knowledgeable, and caring trainers.
How can I become a certified personal trainer for free?
There are a few free personal training certifications online. If you work at a gym, your gym might sponsor your training. There are tuition assistance programs available for military members. You may be able to take advantage of community college tuition assistance programs.
What is the easiest fitness certification to get?
The easiest personal training certification to get is the American Council on Exercise certification known as the ACE Certification. In most states, this type of certification can be obtained in 3 to 6 months depending on how fast you work. Then, you must study for an exam and pass the exam.